Are you looking to remodel your San Diego kitchen? If the answer to that question is yes then you are most likely looking to get the very best on your team. And you should. A good kitchen contractor will bring you great remodeling ideas, great kitchen layouts and floor plans, great subcontractors, and the best fixtures and furniture for your dream kitchen. But where and how do you find your kitchen remodel contractor?
How do I find a contractor to remodel my kitchen?
There are 3 easy and quick ways to find a kitchen contractor in your area. They are:
- Make an online search on your phone or computer and look for “kitchen remodel San Diego County contractors”. This search will bring you the top firms near you doing that kind of work.
- You can ask family, friends and co-workers for recommendations based on what they know or who they have worked with in the past. You never know!
- Third, you can look around physically if you have time. This would require that you scout in search of a good company to work with. However, this option has no guarantees as you may not find any company this way.
Once you have tried the above, make calls, schedule consults, check out customer testimonials and then choose the provider that you like best.
Questions to ask prospective kitchen contractors
- How long have you been in the kitchen remodeling business?
- How long ago was your last kitchen remodeling project and how did you find it?
- How would you rate the quality of your work compared to other contractors?
- What edge do you have over other competitors in the industry?
- Are you insured and licensed?
- What do you think about my kitchen remodeling project?
How much do contractors charge to remodel a kitchen?
This will depend on a lot of factors. On average the costs in San Diego will start at about $10,000. The actual cost will be determined by various custom factors such as the size of the space, the extent of the changes you want done, the quality of the materials and finishes you want installed, and how quickly you want the work completed.
Hiring a kitchen contractor Vs DIY
Today the DIY movement is huge and lots of homeowners have at least one construction tool in their garage. Should you think about going DIY on your kitchen remodel? It might look easy when you watch other people do it but it definitely is not. It might also look cheap but that is not the case as well. You will need a lot of tools and that will cost you. Then you will need hundreds of hours to spare which might not be possible, or might be very costly to you. And thirdly, you would need to know how to handle many construction processes (such as tiling, electrical work, plumbing, etc.) and this might not be possible.
At Creative Design & Build we are experts when it comes to remodeling, new builds, and design work. And kitchen remodels are one of our main staples. So give us a call, tell us where your home is located and let’s come around and talk about how we can transform your kitchen!